A house burned in the Highlands was reduced to ashes by an unusual event that was reported by local media on Tuesday night.
The blaze happened on the night of August 20, when a neighbour of the property was sleeping and she woke up to find a piece of fabric sticking out of the side of the house.
The flames then spread to a nearby shed where it consumed most of the shed, the Glasgow Evening News reported.
The neighbour’s son told the newspaper the blaze spread to his parents home.
The fire was quickly extinguished but it took several hours for the damage to be repaired, the newspaper said.
The house was built in 1927 and was used as a guest house and an art gallery.
The house was converted to a guesthouse by the Scottish Government in the early 1980s, and was the home of the late historian James Buchanan.
The building was then demolished to make way for the redevelopment of a local shopping centre.
The owners of the building are understood to be members of the Scottish Rural Fire Service.
The property was once a large estate which had been used as an agricultural and industrial property for many years.